Belly rings have been in use for centuries in different cultures as a symbol of beauty, fertility, and wellness. Today, they are popular among women as a fashion accessory and a way to express their personality. Diamond belly rings add a touch of elegance and glamour to your look, making it an ultimate choice for special occasions or just daily wear. However, finding the perfect diamond belly ring can be overwhelming. This guide outlines important factors to consider before buying a diamond belly ring and helps you choose the best one for your style and budget.
Types of Diamond Belly Rings
There are different types of diamond belly rings that you can choose from depending on your personal style, body type, and piercing location. Here are some popular types of diamond belly rings:
1. Standard Belly Rings: These are the most common type of belly ring that comes with a curved barbell and a single diamond or a cluster of diamonds.
2. Reverse Belly Rings: These belly rings have a curved barbell and a diamond that dangles downwards from the navel.
3. Top-Mount Belly Rings: These rings have a diamond that is mounted at the top of the curve, creating a stunning effect.
4. Double Gem Belly Rings: These rings have two gems; one at the top and the other at the bottom that creates an illusion of floating gemstones.
5. Spiral Belly Rings: These rings have a spiral design with diamonds embedded throughout the spiral.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Diamond Belly Ring
1. Diamond Quality: The quality of the diamond used in the belly ring is a crucial factor to consider. The quality of diamond is determined by the four Cs; Carat weight, Cut, Clarity, and Color. Carat weight refers to the size of the diamond, Cut refers to its shape and quality of cut, Clarity refers to the diamond’s purity, and Color refers to its hue. The higher the quality, the more expensive the diamond belly ring will be.
2. Design: The design of the belly ring is another important factor to consider. Diamond belly rings come in various designs, such as heart-shaped, star-shaped, flowers, and more. Consider your personal style and the occasion you will be wearing it to choose the best design.
3. Metal Type: The metal type used in the belly ring is another important factor to consider. The most popular metals for belly rings are platinum, white gold, yellow gold, and rose gold. Each metal type has its unique qualities, such as durability, color, and price. Consider the metal type that complements your skin tone and matches your jewelry collection.
4. Belly Button Shape: The shape of your belly button will determine the type of belly ring that will be comfortable and secure on it. There are two types of belly button shapes; innie and outie. For innie belly buttons, a standard belly ring or a top-mount ring will be comfortable. For outie belly buttons, a reverse belly ring will be more comfortable and secure.
5. Size: The size of the belly ring is another important factor to consider. Belly rings come in different lengths, gauges, and sizes. Consider the gauge size that fits your piercing and the length that fits your belly button.
6. Price: The price of the belly ring is another factor to consider. Diamond belly rings come in a wide range of prices, from affordable to expensive. Consider your budget and choose a belly ring that offers the best value for your money.
Choosing the perfect diamond belly ring can be overwhelming, but with these factors in mind, you can narrow down your options and choose the one that suits your personal style, body type, and budget. Remember that the quality of the diamond, design, metal type, belly button shape, size, and price are important factors to consider. With a little research and careful consideration, you can find the perfect diamond belly ring that meets your expectations and enhances your beauty.