Do you have silver jewelry lying around and want to know how much your silver ring is worth? Is 925 silver worth anything? This article provides you with insight into what your ring may be worth, and what you can expect to have a pawnshop pay for your silver ring.
The value of your ring will be dependent on factors such as silver content, purity and weight.
Is 925 Silver Pawnable?
Is 925 silver worth anything? Yes it is. However, you will not be able to sell your silver ring to a pawnshop or dealer for the same price as you bought it.
A typical woman’s silver ring weighs around 5 to 6 grams. A 925 silver ring has a silver content of 92.5% (the remainder being 7.5% alloys), so there would be just a smidge less of silver than the total ring weight. A men’s silver ring may be significantly heavier and weigh between 10 to 12 grams, or 9 to 11 grams of pure silver.
The weight of silver will obviously have a lot to do with the value of a 925 silver ring as you need to apply the silver spot price to how many grams of silver are in your ring.
How much is 925 silver worth right now?
At the time of writing, the price of silver is $19.31 USD per ounce or $0.62 USD per gram – click here to see today’s silver spot price
How much do pawn shops pay for 925 silver?
So if you were to take your 925 silver ring to a pawnshop or dealer, you would typically get offers just below spot price, and after you read the example below, you probably won’t bother taking it to a pawnshop.
Here is an example – a stunning 925 silver ring that weighs 5 grams.
The value is calculated by 5 (grams) x 92.5% (silver content) x silver price per gram ($0.62 USD) = $3 USD!!!
Absolutely nothing right? But what it’s worth and what it costs are two quite different things.
So in this example a 925 silver ring setting or band would be worth $3 USD at a pawnshop, however as you will note in my article about the cost of a 925 silver ring the price to buy would be closer to $50 USD. Therefore, you can see why you may not bother selling your silver jewelry to a pawnshop.