A lovely metal band featuring a bright, brilliant sapphire stone – now isn’t that a sight to behold? Whether it’s an heirloom sapphire ring passed down from generations, or your wedding or engagement ring, sapphire rings have an unmissable, undeniable charm of their own.
Owing and flaunting a mesmerizing sapphire ring is undoubtedly a matter of pride and a symbol of elegance. And we’re sure you’d want your sapphire ring to shine as bright as new every time you wear it. Retaining the spark of this stellar piece of jewelry is completely up to you – and you can ensure your ring is sparkly and bright always just by cleaning it regularly.
Now, if you’re wondering how to clean a sapphire ring in the comfort of your home, the answer is an absolute yes! You don’t always need to head to a professional to get your sapphire jewelry cleaned – you can do it right at home too. Let’s have a look at how you clean sapphire ring:
How to clean Sapphire Ring
Cleaning sapphire ring is not a complex task; you wouldn’t even require a special jewelry cleaner. In fact, with some simple materials from your kitchen cabinet, you can clean your sapphire ring and retain its shine in no time. The cleaning materials you’d require are:
- Lukewarm water
- Mild soap
- A soft-bristled brush
- A bowl
- Soft, clean, and dry cloth
Step 1: Prepare a solution using lukewarm water and a few drops of mild soap. Make sure the soap you use has no abrasives in it
Step 2: Place your sapphire ring into the solution and let it soak for a few minutes
Step 3: Gently clean the ring with your soft-bristled toothbrush. Any debris or dirt stuck in the ring will easily come off, as you had previously soaked the ring
Step 4: Wash off the ring with clean water in a bowl. Repeat steps 1 to 4 if required.
Step 5: Wipe the ring using the soft, clean, and dry cloth. After you’ve thoroughly wiped it, leave it to air dry for a couple of hours. Your sparkly clean ring is now ready to store or wear again – whichever you prefer.
How Often Do You Need to Clean The Sapphire Ring?
If you notice your sapphire ring looking cloudy or duller than usual, it is because of the dirt and grime settled on it. The moment you feel your ring has lost its shine, you need to clean it immediately. If you want your sapphire ring to always be bright and shiny, don’t wait until it gets dirty to clean it – ensure you have a cleaning ritual for your jewelry every 3-4 months.
What to Avoid?
- Precious stones and metals react differently to different chemicals, which is why it is advisable to steer clear from using any harsh cleaning solutions to clean your sapphire jewellery. Using chemicals may result in corroding of the metal of the ring, damaging the ring beyond repair.
- Avoid using ultrasonic cleaning machines, which allow you to clean your precious jewelry at home. If you’re looking for a deep cleanse for your sapphire ring, you can always head to a professional for the same.
Special Tips to Keep Your Sapphire Ring Clean and New
- Once you’ve cleaned your sapphire ring, if you intend to store it (rather than wearing it immediately), you need to store it in a separate velvet case. Do ensure all your jewelry pieces are stored in separate cases so that they do not cause any damage to each other.
- Whenever you’re applying any creams, lotions, sanitisers, or any chemical-based self-care products, it’s advisable to take off the sapphire ring. This would help prevent any chemical elements from settling on the ring, requiring you to clean it more often than needed.
- It’s best to take off the ring when you’re heading for a shower or a swim to prevent the buildup of chemical or soap residue on the ring.
How to clean sapphire jewelry
Jewelry featuring precious stones is priceless and with great things come an even greater responsibility. In this case, it’s up to you to clean and protect your stunning sapphire ring from any elements that could potentially harm its appearance or damage it in any way. And we’ve given you the simplest tips to clean your sapphire ring – do try it out! We’re sure visits to the professional jewelry cleaner would reduce with this simple cleaning method for your sapphire ring.